27 juin 2013
SugarSync Grows Cloud Business with Equinix
Expands in Equinix's Silicon Valley data center for increased connectivity to customers and partners
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – June 27, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that SugarSync, a premium service that lets you access, sync and share all of your files and folders across all your computers and mobile devices, has renewed its contract with Equinix and continues to expand in Equinix's SV4 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center in Silicon Valley.
An Equinix customer since 2007, SugarSync has experienced significant growth over the last three years. Accordingly, its infrastructure has doubled in Equinix's SV4 and SV2 data centers. The company plans to expand its footprint in SV4 while consolidating some of the equipment in its older cages.
Événements / Informations clés
- With Equinix, SugarSync has direct access to the world's top Tier-1 carriers, networks and internet service providers (ISPs) making it easy for SugarSync to quickly and efficiently connect with its business partners and end-users.
- According to a recent survey conducted by SugarSync, the cloud is now considered a critical small business tool, with 90 percent of respondents seeing file and folder sync and 85 percent viewing back up as "very important." New work styles and mobility are driving cloud adoption, as indicated by the 80 percent of respondents who have remote workers.
- Remote access is a critical feature for SugarSync's end-users, giving them anytime, anywhere access to their documents, photos, videos, music and more from any computer or mobile device. Equinix provides close proximity to mobile carriers so that SugarSync can ensure an optimal mobile experience to its customers and continued growth in the mobile market.
- Jason Mikami, vice president of Operations, SugarSync:
"Thanks to our relationship with Equinix, we've had the physical density and flexibility to partner with a number of carriers using different networking options over time. With high availability and plentiful network options to choose from, Equinix is ideally suited to provide SugarSync the low-latency bandwidth and high uptime we need to continue to grow our business."
- Chris Sharp, general manager, Cloud & Content, Equinix:
"Our ongoing relationship with SugarSync demonstrates our commitment to providing maximum value to our customers. As SugarSync continues to grow globally, we hope that Equinix's geographically dispersed footprint gives the company the scalability and reach to cost-effectively take on new customers."
SugarSync is a free service that helps you sync your life. With SugarSync you can backup, sync and share all of your documents, photos, music and movies so that you can access them from your laptop, iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, or any other device. SugarSync puts all your stuff at your fingertips from any other computer or mobile device, enabling you to do more with your stuff while on the go.
Launched in 2008 and based in San Mateo, CA, SugarSync currently has millions of users worldwide in over 120 countries. Brands such as Samsung, Lenovo, Fujitsu, SanDisk, France Telecom-Orange, Korea Telecom, SoftBank Mobile, Best Buy and more have selected SugarSync as a partner to bring cloud services to their customers. For more information, please visit www.SugarSync.com, follow us on Twitter @SugarSync or on Facebook.com/SugarSync.
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.