May 20, 2014
Equinix Appoints Jeremy Deutsch as New Australia Country Manager
SYDNEY — May 21, 2014 ― Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ:EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the promotion of Jeremy Deutsch from sales director to country manager for Equinix Australia. With 14 years in the ICT industry across sales, marketing, operations and technical functions, Deutsch is well equipped to lead Equinix Australia as it expands its operations, with its first Melbourne data center location scheduled for completion in Q4 2014. Deutsch’s appointment is effective immediately.
Événements / Informations clés
- Deutsch’s initial focus will be on the opening of Equinix’s first Melbourne data center (ME1), with phase one slated for Q4 this year. Deutsch will also be working with his team to support the continued growth of Equinix in Sydney, where the company announced the completion of the third phase of SY3 in early April.
- Deutsch will continue to educate Australian companies about Equinix's value proposition, demonstrating how they can leverage Equinix’s data center services and expertise to expand globally. Equinix already supports more than 450 companies in Australia to connect business partners and customers across their digital supply chains.
- During his time with Equinix, Deutsch has been directly involved in a number of achievements. This includes significant growth of the Australia customer base from 2008-2013, which contributed to significant growth in the company’s revenue. Furthermore, under Deutsch’s stewardship as director of sales for Equinix Australia, the sales team has more than tripled in size to support both local and international demand which resulted in Deutsch being named the top APAC sales director for three consecutive years.
- Equinix's global platform, Platform Equinix™ gives its 4,500 customers access to more than 975 network providers, 120+ of which are accessible in Australia including the Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) and PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1).
Samuel Lee, president, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
“In Jeremy’s capacity as sales director for Sydney, he has shown strong leadership skills and an in-depth knowledge of our business during his tenure with Equinix. Jeremy’s commitment to his team, to excellence and integrity are values that complement the high standards that we set for ourselves at Equinix. With great momentum in Sydney and with Melbourne opening at the end of this year, we are excited to have Jeremy as our new country manager to lead Equinix’s continued growth in Australia.”
Jeremy Deutsch, country manager, Equinix Australia:
“It has been a pleasure working with Equinix as it has grown its business in Australia, and with the opening of ME1 just around the corner and SY3 phase 3 recently completed, I am looking forward to leading the team at this exciting time. Equinix offers its customers best in class facilities and networks, in addition to giving cloud service providers the optimal location to build and deliver hybrid cloud solutions. The experience I have developed over my time with Equinix and the great team who I work with will assist us in this next phase. I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead.”
- Equinix to Build New Data Center in Melbourne [press release]
- Australia’s great southern state welcomes a data boost with the announcement of Equinix’s ME1[blog]
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
Claire Malyon (Australia)
PPR for Equinix
+61 2 9818 0958
Petah Brooks (Australia)
PPR for Equinix
+61 2 9818 9342
Lorraine Little-Bigelow (Asia)
+ (852) 2970 7742
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.