August 20, 2012
Badgeville Selects Equinix Data Center to Support Growth of its Gamification Platform
Leverages Equinix’s direct connection to the public cloud to increase application performance and reduce costs
REDWOOD CITY, CALIF. — August 20, 2012 — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), a provider of global data center services, today announced that Badgeville, the Behavior Platform and global gamification leader, is leveraging Platform Equinix™ to support the growth of its Behavior Platform, a Platform-as-a-Service offering that enables customers to measure and influence user behavior. With its initial deployment in Equinix’s DC6 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center in Ashburn, Virginia, Badgeville is utilizing Equinix’s ability to directly connect to public cloud services to increase application performance and improve customer experience.
Événements / Informations clés
- The ability to directly connect to the public cloud within Equinix IBXs allows customers to connect their IT infrastructure directly to the cloud through a private fiber optic connection that can reduce network costs, increase throughput, and provide more consistent network performance than Internet-based connections.
- Using this direct connection, Badgeville has achieved millisecond latency between its infrastructure in the Equinix IBX data center and the infrastructure that remained in the public cloud, resulting in improved performance for customers.
- The move to Equinix has resulted in a 15 percent improvement in response times from the Badgeville application delivering a better customer experience. In addition, Badgeville has seen a 40 percent reduction in operational costs.
- Badgeville plans to expand its deployment with Equinix to London and Asia-Pacific later this year.
- Founded in 2010 to revolutionize the analytics industry, Badgeville’s Behavior Platform enables businesses to measure and influence user behavior. Built on advanced database technology, Badgeville’s PaaS is designed to connect user reputation across all digital touch points. The global leader in gamification, Badgeville serves more than 150 customers who share the common goal of defining the next generation of user experience across their customer and employee communities.
- Wedge Martin, CTO and co-founder of Badgeville:
“Equinix is a clear competitive differentiator for us delivering the high levels of performance and security we require as Badgeville’s business scales. Moving into the Equinix data center has proven to be particularly important to our large customers who value Equinix’s reputation as a highly secure, premium data center provider.”
- Chris Sharp, general manager, cloud and content for Equinix:
“The Equinix direct connection service enables customers like Badgeville to reap the performance and cost benefits of cloud computing. As Badgeville grows its business, they can take advantage of Equinix’s network choice, global reach, and directly connect to more than 4,000 potential customers and partners that reside inside Equinix data centers,” said Chris Sharp, general manager, cloud and content for Equinix.<
- Join Equinix and Badgeville for a live webcast on Thursday, August 30 at 10:00am PDT to learn more about the benefits of direct connection to the cloud. For more information and to register, go to https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5636115640010809856.
- Equinix Badgeville case study
- AWS Direct Connect at Equinix
Equinix, data center, IBX, colocation, Badgeville
Badgeville (www.badgeville.com), The Behavior Platform, is the leading provider of gamification and social engagement solutions for world-class businesses, enabling companies in virtually every industry to influence and measure user behavior. Companies and organizations from across the globe are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution to increase customer loyalty, user engagement and employee performance. With 175 customers, Badgeville brings Game Mechanics, Reputation Mechanics, and Social Mechanics to world-class companies including Deloitte, EMC, Samsung, CA Technologies, Dell, Bell Media, NBC, Universal Music, The Active Network, and Recyclebank. Founded in 2010, Badgeville is based in Menlo Park, Calif. And has offices in New York and Europe. Follow @Badgeville to learn more.
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects businesses with partners and customers around the world through a global platform of high performance data centers, containing dynamic ecosystems and the broadest choice of networks. Platform Equinix connects more than 4,000 enterprises, cloud, digital content and financial companies including more than 900 network service providers to help them grow their businesses, improve application performance and protect their vital digital assets. Equinix operates in 38 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific and continually invests in expanding its platform to power customer growth. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.